If a farm evaluation plans was not filled out or if you did not answer Question 3 on Part A of the Farm Evaluation Plan:

If you did not fill out a Farm Evaluation Plan Survey, please fill one out and turn it into the Coalition AND complete the following form. 

If you filled out the Farm Evaluation Plan Survey and did not answer Question 3 in part A of the Farm Evaluation Plan Survey, please fill out the following form.

How to Certify Your Sediment and Erosion Control Plans

Growers can follow site specific recommendations from the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service, the Resource Conservation District or the UC Cooperative Extension. The grower must then certify that he is following the recommendations made by one of these agencies. For example, if a grower has a completed Conservation Plan developed by NRCS that addresses soil erosion for their property, the grower must retain the Conservation Plan and certify on the SECP template that he is following that Conservation Plan.  

Resource Conservation Districts may also develop a site specific plan to address sediment and erosion control. The San Joaquin County Resource Conservation District (SJCRCD) is currently developing a process to assist growers with site specific erosion control recommendations.

For assistance from the SJCRCD in certifying your Sediment and Erosion Control Plan, please CLICK HERE. Complete and submit the web form and the Coalition will be in contact with you to set up a time to do a site evaluation of your parcels. There are a large number of members who we will be helping, so please fill out the form on the website and allow some time for the Coalition to contact you.

Growers who are following recommendations for sediment and erosion control measures from one of the above agencies, must retain written documentation of the recommendation and certify on the Sediment and Erosion Control Plan that the recommendations are being followed.

Qualified professionals

Qualified professionals who can develop and certify your Sediment and Erosion Control Plan include Professional Civil Engineer, Professional Geologist, Professional Engineering Geologist, Professional Landscape Architect, Professional Hydrologist, Certified Soil Scientist, Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control, Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality, or Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (see page 7 of the SECP template).  Please visit the following website, www.cpesc.org to find professionals with certifications that can complete a Sediment and Erosion Control Plan.

Self Certification Classes

We are offering a class where growers can self certify the required Sediment and Erosion Control Plan.  The SECP Certification class will consist of a 4 hour teaching component followed by a test. In order to be certified, the test must be passed.  If you have already become certified, attendance is not required at one of these classes. Here are times and dates of the class.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 8 am to 12 pm at the San Joaquin County Farm Bureau Board Room, 3294 N Ad Art Road, Stockton

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 from 8 am to 12 pm  at the San Joaquin County Farm Bureau Board Room, 3294 N Ad Art Road, Stockton

 There is a $20 fee for class materials.  To sign up for the class please fill out this Form